Disclaimer: This is merely based off my personal opinion which has been formulated through eye witness accounts and professional associations. It may offend some, and if it does, you just might be part of the Fake Hollywood—OR, a groupie of a Fake Hollywood member. No harm intended—just take it for what it’s worth.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday Rant: Trendy Interracial Dating


So, I was on twitter perusing the various comments being posted and this is what I came across:

@slimdollars Not gonna shout my man name out. But I just seen my [man] with the meanest white girl. Snowflakes are so the move for the summer. Don't hate!!


(Before you ask his race--which I think is obvious fro
m his statement--he is a black man)

3....2...1...your reaction?? Well, mine was pure disgust. Yes, disgusted. It amazes me that this type of racial ignorance STILL really does exist. I am a product of a uniquely ethnic mix--my mom (white--Irish, German, American Indian) and dad (black--Black American, Some line of European, and Cuban Ancestry)--so anything dealing with race hits close to home for me. Why?? Because I live and breath this type of racial ignorance from both sides of the color spectrum.
I had a black man tell me years back that he could have dated me because I was "white enough" but my attitude was "too black." WTF??? And, then I had white men that wanted to date me because to them I looked "exotic." Come on now....REALLY??

It's guys like this that give us light skinned chicks a bad rap. Do you know how many looks of anger I get when people see me with my brown skinned husband? He feels, I feel it...it's just not cool! Are we really still so caught up in this dating thing that race is looked at as a trend....or a thing to do?? Is it still cool for a black man to have a light skinned, latino, or white chick by their side??? I really thought those days were over.

Now, let's reverse it. Let's say a white man said this: "I'm not going to put my buddy all out there like that. But, I just seen him with the meanest black girl. Dark Chocolate Bunnies are the thing for the summer. Don't get mad at me buddy!" RRRRRight! How many people would actually get pissed off if that came from a white man (or any other race for that matter)? It doesn't even sound right.

Oh yeah, and just like these black men are bragging about their "snowflakes," these same chicks are bragging about dating their "fine piece of black man." How do I know? Again, I've seen it all (or at least a whole lot!). It's true that both sides are still obviously mesmerized by skin color. Please don't get me started about the whole slave mentality. Yes, it still exists. The lighter the skin does not mean the better the person...TRUST!

I could go on and on about my racial take on things. But, I would have to start a separate blog just for that! (Hmmm....definitely something to think about!)I'm simply going to wrap up by saying: Don't let your ignorant state of mind be in the way of truly having a genuine relationship.Peace!




No comments:

Post a Comment